Spaghetti Al Pomodoro
Spaghetti Al Pomodoro (serving 2-3 people)
Spaghetti Al Pomodoro is a very basic pasta dish with just special tomato sauce, fresh basil, and Parmigiano Reggiano. It is a cuisine originated from Italy that requires the freshest ingredients.
Key points to know if it’s authentic Italian Pomodoro Spaghetti.
Ensure that pasta is al dente and must follow the given instruction mentioned in this article. If served, eat right away. If something is left put it in the fridge, the freshness will stay up to 2 days. Just reheat if you’ll gonna eat the ones left. No need to put tomato sauce again but put fresh basil.
Highly recommendable Divella Products as this brings authentic Italian taste. Divella has been producing durum wheat since 1890: the story began when Francesco Divella built his first flour mill in Rutigliano, a small farming community near Bari. They have transformed the company, now in its fourth generation, into a cornerstone of the global food industry.
Use Pomodori Pelati Tomatoes By Divella - Plum Tomatoes by Divella are harvested when summer is at its peak and are gently steamed peeled, to capture all the taste and aroma of fresh tomatoes. Pulpy and consistent, they are immersed intact in a creamy sauce. Particularly versatile in the kitchen, they can be used together with their sauce, whole, cut into pieces or fillets, they are suitable for both short and long cooking.
Use special pasta such as Spaghetti # 8 by Divella - this spaghetti pasta can be used in classic Italian dishes and is especially good served al dente with just a touch of olive oil. The pasta holds up beautifully in more complex meals with vegetables, meats, or seafood added to it as well. Durum wheat semolina is also a healthy choice for pasta as it is very high in protein and low in gluten. Enjoy true Italian specialty foods and make perfect healthy pasta.
Or if you prefer healthier pasta you can use Gluten-Free Spaghetti by Divella - This GLUTEN FREE SPAGHETTI contains a high-quality blend of corn and rice cut into Italian-style Spaghetti noodle. This is perfect for people who have an allergy to Gluten or those who have Celiac Disease or those choosing a gluten-free lifestyle
For your olive oil, the best to use is Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Cirio - Made from a careful blending of the best Extra Virgin Olive Oils of the Mediterranean Basin, directly selected by Pietro Coricelli for their particular characteristics, such as taste, delicate perfume, and full body. It is ideal as a condiment for vegetables, meat, fish, and other recipes that require a fruity dressing.
For your Parmigiano Reggiano by Latteria Soresina - Availing of this great expertise in the cheese sector, we carefully select the best wheels of Parmigiano Reggiano PDO from the dairies that ensure the highest level of quality for our consumers. With only 30% water, Parmigiano Reggiano is a cheese rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals. A guarantee for those who choose Latteria Soresina.
Spaghetti Al Pomodoro Ingredients:
300 grams of Spaghetti pasta by Divella
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Chopped cloves of garlic
Pepper to taste
Spaghetti Al Pomodoro Cooking Procedure
- In a large cooking pan, pour the extra virgin oil and put the chopped garlic.
- Then pour Pomodori Pelati Tomatoes (800 grams) By Divella fresh from can then season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover it and cook for 30 to 45 minutes over low heat keep stirring until slightly pureed.
- Add basil, then turn off the heat after like 5 minutes or less. Keep it warm, cover then set aside.
- Prepare another pan for the spaghetti, add plenty of water, not full to make way for the bubbles when boiling, make sure there's space allowance to make way if spaghetti were added in the pan. Add a pinch of salt.
- When water is boiling add the pasta and extra virgin oil, cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- If spaghetti is perfectly cooked, drain directly to the Pomodoro sauce.
- Reheat (make sure it’s set on low heat) for a couple of minutes. Toss until spaghetti is covered by the Pomodoro sauce.
- Then transfer to a serving plate, add grated cheese and chili flakes (optional).
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves then serve. Enjoy eating.
- Aida M